Monday, September 7, 2015

Meditation Practice

Meditation is something that does take practice.  Taking time each day to silence the mind.  To shut out all of the external and internal noice.  The internal noice is the loudest when all external noise is quieted.  That internal dialogue ..how do we quiet the noise??

Truthfully, you don't.  The more you resist the more it persists.  Don't resist those thoughts as they will take you into your quiet.  Notice the pause between thoughts.  The silence before the next thought is born within you. Ahhh..peace for a moment, then chatter,chatter,chatter.

If there is a way to silence the chatter, I have not found it in the many years of my practice.
 I have learned to put a harness on my thoughts so I can slow them down.
With the outward breathe I release those thoughts .  With the inward breathe, I breathe in peace.

Sometimes, I confess that I feel anxious focusing too much on the breathe and at those times I open my eyes and focus on something within my view that has some essence of beauty for me and focus my attention there.
 Slowing down my thoughts. I know at this moment in time there is nothing else.  A deep breathe and soon peace follows.
My mind , my actions are not needed right now.
The simple present moment is all there is..sometimes I just step outside for a few moments .a deep breathe and I guess others have called it ..gathering my thoughts together.  Thoughts are very much like seeds that we scatter so be careful where your mind may lead you. For just as the tongue is hard to control so are our thoughts.  What goes into our minds does shape who we are.
My challenge to you this week is be mindful of what you read, listen to, focus your attention on.  What could you choose differently?

No comments: